All images are © 2008-2012 BTS Photography and cannot be used in any form without written consent of the author. Please be respectful.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Brittany + Mike


I had at the opportunity to shoot the events leading up to and after Brittany and Mikes big day.  They ended up getting married in a private ceremony on another continent. However I was there to shoot their Engagements, Bridals, and a Reception held in their honor.  Brittany and Mike are a fun couple and were open to my suggestions and locations as I created images that match their lifestyle, personality, and tastes.
More after the jump
During my consultation with the couple and viewing the dress, we decided to keep things simple and classy with a vintage twist.  The wedding's colors were black and white without accents or other colors.  They wanted clean lines, straight cuts, and the images to highlight their personality.  
I designed their announcements based on several examples the bride showed me. After 4-5 revisions, we nailed it.  I printed via a press-print on 100 lb card stock.









The wedding reception was held in a backyard with little to no shade during the mid afternoon.  Any photographer reading this knows that this is an impending nightmare for lighting.  And with my luck, it was a near 100 degree day without a cloud in the sky. All you can do in this situation is expose for the highlights and try to keep the sun from blowing out peoples faces and the dress.













No comments: