All images are © 2008-2012 BTS Photography and cannot be used in any form without written consent of the author. Please be respectful.

Friday, December 24, 2010

When to Keep Going...

I have found myself many times wanting to walk away from everything and do something else. Just put the camera down and return to a daily grind of a 9-5 job where I don't have to worry about managing a business, marketing, and keeping my art fresh and new within a technology driven base. This economic recession is a storm that will take its toll on many of us. It certainly has on me. Hell , I can't even afford a Christmas Tree this year... Recently, several promoters, studio owners, and other agencies have made successful attempts to take advantage of my talent while trying to smite my creativity in the process and ruin me financially.
2010 has been a difficult year. The holiday season has been even more trying due to personal loss and risen emotions of loneliness and destitute.

The storm is upon us. The question we have to ask ourselves is if we are going weather through it and come out from underneath the rumble and despair as not only survivors, but ones who have learned a lesson. I know I will.

And as melancholy and negative as this post may sound, the key point is a lesson to be taught. Oscar winning actor Kevin Spacey says is best in 90 seconds. Chase Jarvis posted it to his blog and I am now posting here.

"To want. To be ambitious. To want to be successful is not enough. That’s just desire…"

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your tough times. Keep up the good work.

-Lucas